Physical education provides opportunities for students to gain current knowledge of physical fitness facts, healthful living practices, leisure time pursuits, stress management techniques, and to receive instruction in the skills necessary for successful participation in activities necessary for optimum health and physical efficiency. 500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Program Student Learning Objectives
Students will understand the importance of physical education and be able to:
- Define recognize the health components of fitness.
- Recognize the physical and mental benefits of increased physical activity.
- Determine factors involved with development, fitness levels and training strategies.
- Apply learned fundamental skills to the games they learn.
- Utilize physical activity as a tool to manage stress.
- Empower themselves by setting and working toward realistic individual fitness goals.
- Participate in a motivating and nurturing environment resulting in a greater sense of well-being and self-esteem.
- Appreciate the rules of organized play.
- Understand and utilize various training methods.
- Assess individual levels of fitness components.
- Develop an appreciation of physical activity as a lifetime pursuit and a means to better health.
PE will be graded using the following point value system:
Full Dress- Fenwick Uniform with appropriate shoes = 5 pts. Per day
Partial Dress – Missing Fenwick Shorts or Shirt, but appropriate shorts or shirt = 3 pt. per day
NO Dress – Did not dress or does not have shoes, or no appropriate shirt or shoes = 0 pts. per day
Full Participation/ Highly Engaged = 5 pts. Per day
Partial Engagement = 3 pt. per day
No Participation = 0 pts. per day
Worksheet assignments will count for 5-10 points.
Activity assessments will count for 30-40 points.
Note: In season athletes that have PE ARE required to participate.
Mr. Raymond Moland, firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 309
Mr. Dave Hogan, email@example.com, ext. 339
Mr. Joseph Konrad, firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 136
Mr. Titcus Pettigrew, email@example.com, ext. 111